I had a birthday-more than 4 months ago. It needs to be acknowledged though so I will post.
My birthday fell on a Saturday, which meant I got to sleep in and Spencer planned an afternoon date of lunch and shopping. It was so nice to have a leisure afternoon with only Emmett to worry about (and there isn't much to worry about with a sweet baby). So after our date we came home and did a few chores. About the time we were planning on going out to dinner as a family, Liam started complaining about his belly hurting and he had that look on his face-you know the one I mean. I was a little apprehensive about taking a kid who's going to be sick out but what was there to do except wait around for him to be sick or go out and hope he was fine. We opted to go out.
I chose our favorite local smokehouse. It's small and kind of a hole-in-the-wall but they have the best brisket and BBQ and it's the kind of place you order at the front which makes it an easy out. I find dining with 3 kids easiest when we aren't at the mercy of a waiter or waitress's timeline. About the time Spencer came over with our food and started serving the kids, Liam got that look again but this time he threw up. Fortunately it wasn't very much and he didn't make a big fuss about it and I had a small pack of Clorox wipes in my diaper bag. So we got boxes and took our food to go. Mega points go to Spencer for quickly and quietly cleaning up Liam, the table, and the floor without anyone noticing. Now that is an excellent husband.
We made it home without another incident but as soon as we got home, Liam threw up again. Again my wonderful husband cleaned it all up. I can't even say it was because it was my birthday because he does a lot of throw-up clean-up even when it's not my birthday. Fortunately that was the last of it and so we got to enjoy our brisket sandwiches (a little cold) and our Haagen-Dazs ice cream (my request in place of a cake) in peace.
It was an eventful birthday, the kind to remind me that there are no days off as a mom but I am still oh-so-grateful for my wonderful family. Especially my incredible husband.
*this picture has nothing to do with my birthday-it is, however, the picture of me taken closest to my birthday.

2 comments:
Where did you go for dinner? Sounds like a great place!
So sorry Liam was sick on your birthday! Throw up is the worst. Props to Spencer for cleaning it up (Ben has yet to clean up any throw-up in our house . . . maybe I'll have him read your post as a not-so-subtle hint :)). Way to go on salvaging your birthday despite the illness!
Post a Comment