- He loves to play. He tells me all the time "I just want to play all day." We've had a winter of being stuck inside and he still continues to be entertained with his imaginative play. This is quite a shift from his obsession with sports in the past. He still seems to enjoy sports and his basketball shirts are his favorite but he spends the most time playing pretend games.
- He is unbelievably creative. He tells my mom "Grandma, I have lots of ideas". And he does. He is very good at problem solving and frequently helps me figure things out that are stumping me. He builds things with his Legos that are completely his own invention and is always reworking them to make it just right.
- Liam is getting much more proficient at writing and is interested in writing things of meaning with help from me or Spencer with the spelling. Liam is also learning sight words. It is so fun to watch his little brain develop.
- He has been so into the "good guy vs. bad guy" that we decided to introduce him to Star Wars. Confession: I don't think I've even seen all 3 of the original movies and my eyes glaze over within the first 20 minutes of the movie but Liam is enthralled. He builds Star Wars ships with his Legos and draws pictures of Star Wars to make a "Star Wars Book".
- He is very spirited and full of energy. We are so excited for warmer weather so he can take that energy outside.
- Liam continues to be very independent which can be great as he helps get himself food and Amelie as well. His independence is becoming less challenging as he becomes more capable.
- Conversation with Liam: When I grow up I'm going to have 13 kids and I'll need 2 big and 1 medium sized van to drive them. Me: Who is going to drive your vans? Liam: My mommy and daddy. Me: Who are your mommy and daddy? Liam: Well...I'm the daddy...but...I don't know who my mommy is yet. (shrugs shoulders) Maybe her name is 'Merica.
The happenings of Julia and Spencer. Are we really interesting enough to have a blog?
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
A Post About Liam
I can't believe this boy is going to be 5 years old in a little over a month. Tonight was Kindergarten Round-Up and it felt very surreal. It's hard to believe we are at that point already. Here are some things about Liam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Marika sounds a little like 'Merica. Just saying...
Post a Comment