Sunday, September 29, 2013

Great Grandpa Joines

In the beginning of September, Spencer's grandfather, Lorne Joines passed away at age 91.  We had the wonderful opportunity to attend the funeral in Sutherland, Iowa-which is probably one of the most remote places I have ever been.  It's amazing what a a tiny farm town Grandpa Joines grew up in and how he became an international business man who traveled across the globe.

The funeral was lovely and we were so glad to spend time with Spencer's extended family as well.  I am grateful that last year we could attend Great Grandpa Joines' 90th birthday party so Liam has a memory of one of his Great Grandpa's.  The legacy he leaves behind through his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren is a testament to his character.
Note: In true Deery fashion, we brought our camera and left the SD card at home so these pictures are not from the funeral, nevertheless, I felt I should document this on our blog.

No comments: