...When your friend offers macaroni and cheese for lunch at her house and your 4 year old says: "No thanks, can I have pesto pasta instead?"~ I was a little bit mortified and a little bit proud.
...Your 2 year old leans forward into her bowl of homemade tomato soup and says:"I love you soup!"
Sincerely, cooking is one of my favorite "hobbies" and also one of my favorite things to do with my kids. I love eating good food and I love sharing the cooking and eating of good food with the people I love most. Liam is a budding chef who loves to help me mix and measure, scoop and pour. He has a chair right up there with me nearly every time I'm cooking. Amelie is learning to love it too, which will serve her well since she likes to eat so much.
Here is my favorite soup ever. It's a tomato soup recipe that my mom has been making for years and although I didn't appreciate it as a child, I do now. It is very tedious to make because you have to squeeze the seeds out of 3 lbs of tomatoes and then chop them. Liam was a really huge help squeezing all the seeds out while I chopped the tomatoes. It made making the soup so much more enjoyable and Liam was so proud that he was such a big help.

1 comment:
You make the most delicious food!
Post a Comment