I've been noticing how little many of my blogging friends have been posting lately. I think it's a symptom of the January Blahs. I usually think January is the lamest month of the year (even though my birthday is in January). It's the after Christmas let down, cold weather, no where to go, everyone's sick, sort of blahs. But I have to say that despite all of this, and despite the fact that my kids have almost literally been going crazy the past few weeks, I am not hating January this year. Here's Why:
We haven't been sick until this weekend. I know, it's a serious January Miracle!
We've had lots of fun play dates with friends and neighbors since we haven't been sick.
Amelie gave up her morning nap so now we can all go to aerobics at our Church in the mornings. Yay for exercise! And getting out of the house!
We had snow that lasted for about a week. Enough for the kids to play in and for it to look pretty, and then it was gone.
Taking down the Christmas decorations meant setting up our sitting room. *Bonus* I got this chair from TJ Maxx as an early birthday present. A patterned chair that both Spencer and I liked for a good deal= Big Win.
I saw this idea on Pintrest months ago and it was a success. Ikea bookshelf on it's side = a window seat. Ok, so I don't think it's actually strong enough for a person to sit on, but it still makes the playroom look a lot nicer.
For the first winter ever, we are living in a house with room for running around. And boy do these kids make use of the running. I think "race" is their favorite game to play.
Liam and Amelie are really enjoying playing together. Especially around dinner time. It's so sweet and so awesome.
Liam is stretching his imagination lots. 5 basketball hoops are clearly not enough for our house, so Liam has taken it upon himself to make a few more. Like this one out of the sticky tack you use to hang posters. He even made a couple of balls to go with it.
Don't worry, I'm still most eagerly awaiting the end of winter-especially since it's not supposed to get above 20 degrees this week-but at least this January seems a little better than usual.









3 comments:
I definitely have the January blogging blahs....haha. Your kids are darling! I love the Liam is making more b-ball hoops.
So good to hear about you guys and what you've been up to. Hooray for good health too! You guys certainly deserve it. :) Miss you and happy early birthday!!
I'm so glad your January was better this year. We were sick three of the weeks in January, so blogging definitely was far and few between, and January felt unusually "blah." I love the decorative additions you made--you do a great job decorating your lovely home!
Post a Comment