Monday, February 4, 2013

Birthday

I am still young enough to feel excited about getting older.  Maybe it's because I'm young by most standards to be married with two kids, so I feel like each passing year is a little bit more credibility.  I am also starting to feel old enough to look back on pop culture references and feel like they look dated.  That's kind of a weird feeling.  Like when I was in the car one day and the radio had the "90's lunch hour" and as I was rockin' out with the kids to some tunes I remember from my youth, I realized that when I was their ages and listening to music from 20 years ago, I was listening to music from the '60's!  Talk about feeling old...

Anyway, this birthday was marvelous.  I received many phone calls, text messages, and birthday cards from friends and family, which is always so special to me.  I was spoiled with gifts from my family.  Both kids slept in AND took naps-which was a really big deal since Liam has been so chronically under slept (I know that "under slept" is not technically a real phrase, but it accurately describes Liam's state) lately I've been getting really worn out. 

Truly the best gift of all was a remarkable meeting Spencer had with his new boss that was an answer to many prayers in a very big way.  It was such a great gift because I loved hearing that Spencer was being recognized for all of the hard work he does.  It was also a great gift because it helped settle us here a little bit more and I love where we are so much that I am pleased to feel more settled. 

So, we obviously had much to celebrate when we went out to dinner that night. 
siblings sharing <3 font="">
 
We also enjoyed cake as a family at home later that weekend.
(So I'm not the only one who enjoyed the peanut butter cupcakes with chocolate frosting)

I think this year is going to be a good one!



1 comment:

Heather Jacques Wood said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm glad it was such a wonderful day. I hope the kids are continuing to sleep well so you can get a little rest from time to time.