We were lucky enough to have my parents come down to D.C. to have a
second Thanksgiving celebration. I guess it was the first time I've
ever "hosted", but we kept it low key.
We had much to be thankful for this year with this sweet little addition. It was also the day before Thanksgiving that Spencer was offered a job. We feel so very blessed for many more reasons, too.
I just love any excuse to break out the fine China (which still doesn't happen often).
True to every holiday ever, my mom comes up with something clever and funny to keep the kids entertained. I know she's done this my whole life, but I've heard stories of the antics she would pull years before. I love sharing those fun traditions with Liam now too. He was a little afraid of this turkey but he had fun making it none the less.
And of course the feast: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn pudding, and cranberry glazed carrots. Yum! Have I mentioned before that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday?
Oh yeah, how could I forget the pies?
No comments:
Post a Comment