Why isn't he bathed in the bathroom? Because we only have a shower stall. This might get interesting when Liam is too big for his bathtub.
He sometimes gets mad that he can't get the faucet in his mouth. He puts everything in his mouth. So curious.
As sweet and perfect as my angel baby is, I'm kept humble by the challenges of parenthood. Sleeping continues to be a bit of a challenge. Lately he's been waking up around 1:30 or 2 am and demanding to be fed. I'm trying to let him cry it out so as not to develop a bad habit, but it breaks my heart! I'm optimistic that we will get back to our once a night feeding soon. The above picture was taken a few weeks ago when we were having a frustrating day that entailed few naps and a baby who did not want to sleep. By 9 pm I was certain Liam needing to sleep, although he had other ideas. Feeling worn out, Spencer suggested I just put Liam down and let him play for a while and I could relax too. A few minutes later Liam was sound asleep. It reminded me to take a new perspective. These are the tender mercies.
5 comments:
Look at those chubby thighs! He is changing and filling out so much. I love to see him grow. Thanks so much for posting! I think some of the best advice mom ever gave me was don't take credit for your children's successes because then you have to take credit for their failures too! Sounds like you've already got that one figured out.
Liam is sooo cute! I can't believe how big he is getting. Miss you over here but I am happy to hear that things are going well. I feel you on the lack of sleep. I wish you luck!
P.S. I don't think you should stress too much about another feeding at night -- maybe he's just hit a growth spurt and will eventually not need it again. He's still pretty young. It's never fun to feel like you're going backwards though. Hang in there.
Liam gets cuter and cuter everytime I see new pictures of him! He's adorable. Must be because he has such a cute mom. :)
Liam is a cutie! Good luck with teaching him to soothe himself back to sleep at night. I think the first night we tried it with Ella, I cried as much as she did; after a couple of nights, things got much better.
Post a Comment