Thursday, September 17, 2009

Adjusting

Adjusting. Sometimes I have a hard time with change. Ok, almost always. So even though we've been wanting to move out this way since before we got married, it's been a little challenging. I miss having friends just a few floors away that I can visit when it's been a long day. I miss walking to Temple Square every afternoon. I miss the abundant sunshine. I miss having family so close. I miss Wal-Mart. But I'm adapting. I love that Spencer is around more (at least most days), even if he is studying. I love how many awesome, free things there are to do around here. Like all the museums. Liam and I try to go into the city at least once a week. I'm a city girl and so I love taking public transportation and walking around downtown. I think Liam might enjoy the museums more when he's a little older though.

Spencer and I are trying to make the most of the easy part of having a baby. Liam is at that fantastic age where he is easy to transport and doesn't need to eat every hour and a half so we can do fun things and take the baby! It beats paying for a sitter when we go out to the opera. Yes that's right, we took Liam to the opera...well it was outside at the baseball stadium, but still fun, and Liam slept well. I know there will come a day when we have to be home by 8 to get the baby to bed, so we will have fun while we can. Overall, I really enjoy being back on the east coast, but I'm still adjusting.

No comments: