Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to MY Roots

For Labor Day weekend, we took a quick little trip up to CT to visit family and friends, and show Liam off. I will confess that I enjoy vacations to visit family more than I used to because it really is a vacation now. Having extra hands to hold the baby while I shower, a home cooked dinner that I didn't have to make (even better, one that my wonderful mom made), and no house cleaning responsibilities. But seriously, it was fun to take Liam back to where I grew up and to meet people who mean a lot to me. Unfortunately, the trip was so short that we didn't get to see everyone, but it was a good start. We wish we could live close to all of our family so Liam could grow up knowing all the people who love him, but I suppose we will just keep on traveling. Good thing Liam is a good traveler!Here's Liam with my dear friend Lauren and her mom. Lauren made a very great sacrifice as an avid Red Socks fan and purchased Liam his first Yankee's hat. What a friend :)

Grandpa J giving Liam a piano lesson. Mom didn't become a pianist, but there's still hope for Liam...
Liam with grandma Nancy.

2 comments:

Meg said...

He is so cute and is getting so big! Glad you are close enough to home now that you go more often.

Wendy said...

It was great to see you as a Mommy. Liam is a beautiful, responsive baby and we loved being a part of your family for the weekend.