Monday, November 5, 2012

15 months

Amelie is 15 months old.  I still think of her as my baby, but she is swiftly proving to outgrow that name.  A few things I'd like to remember about Amelie at 15 months:

  • She weighs 19 lbs and is 28 1/2 inches tall.  This puts her squarely in the 15th percentiles meaning she is tiny, but she's growing so that's all that matters to us.
  • She cries every time we go to the doctors office and she hates the nurses.  I think it's related to shots, but strangely she didn't cry after the first two shots or when they pricked her finger for blood at her 15 month.  She's a tough girl.
  • She adores her baby dolls.  She hugs them and rocks them and feeds them.  If I say "Amelie, your baby needs a mommy", she will drop everything and go get the baby to hug.  
  • She loves playing with cars and balls.  She's got a pretty good throw and kick too.  I'm sure this is because of her big brother's influence.
  • She says over 45 words now and she seems to learn new ones every day.  A few of my favorites are "bin-kee" (binky) "buK" (book), yeah!, yummy, pees (please), shus (shoes), ha (hat), pe-y (pretty).  She is even putting a few words together now and again.  Yesterday, she said "yummy nany pees" (yummy candy please) because she really wanted some of Liam's candy.
  • She's still a little wary of strangers ie anyone who isn't mom or dad, but she is getting braver around friendly strangers.  Just don't get between her and mom...
  • She has her daddy wrapped around her finger and she knows it.  This might prove troublesome in about 12 years.
  • She adores Liam.  She will do anything he asks her to but especially if it will make him laugh.  Nothing makes her happier than a little affection from her brother.  
  • We call her the crocodile because her legs are so short but she can move so fast.  She moves especially fast if she has something she's not supposed to.


2 comments:

Jared and Lauren said...

What a smart little girl! She is adorable!!

Lauren said...

She is so beautiful - just like her mama! I can't believe how grown up she looks.