The number of years Spencer and I have been married. Four didn't really
seem to happen since we came home from the hospital with Amelie that
day. We had high hopes for a big extravaganza this year, but in the end
we stayed home, made amazing pizza, and watched the Olympics. But it
was still a perfect celebration.
It has pretty much taken me 5 years to perfect this pizza, but after 5 years it is as good as any pizza I've ever had (if I can say that without sounding too much like I'm bragging, but it did take me 5 years of practice to master).
We decided to buy a tree for our back yard for our anniversary present to each other. Lucky for us, there was a 50% off sale at the local nursery, so we got two trees. A Tulip tree (above) and a Fringe tree (below). We are excited to watch them grow over the years.
In five years, we've moved five times, but now we are settled for what we hope is a long time. It seemed fitting to plant a few trees to celebrate our (ever growing) love.
So much has changed in the past 5 years, but I am grateful for the constant that is our love and friendship. I'm so blessed to have Spencer as my partner through all our adventures. Here's to another 65 more years (and eternity) together!
3 comments:
So what's the pizza recipe? It looks like my kind of pizza!
Happy Anniversary! And I'd also love the pizza recipe!
Congratulations on five years! The pizza looks delicious.
Post a Comment