By far, this was the fastest year in my life. Probably related to the busyness of two kids, but I can't believe all that's happened in Amelie's first year of life. We've moved twice, taken 4 airplane trips, 3 long road trips, one cruise, made our first ever kid trip to the ER (when Amelie had RSV) and bought a house-in addition to the many other things babies learn their first year. I know every baby does this, but it's still so miraculous that in 365 (Amelie actually had 366 days in her first year, thank you Leap Year) babies go from a little bundle of crying reflexes to a little person who can eat real food, get around independently, laugh at you, make you laugh, and communicate. She has grown so much, Liam has grown so much, and I have grown so much. I am amazed at how Liam and Amelie each teach me such different lessons about life but how they both are making me better.
On Amelie's birthday we played outside in the water...
sang Happy Birthday...
made and ate cupcakes...
And got so messy we had to take her dress off.
At age 1 Amelie...
- Talks! She has been talking for months, starting with "mama" at 6 months; adding "dada" shortly later; "papa" (pasta), ba na (banana), ma (more) by 10 months; nigh nigh (night night, when she's tired); bapoo ( generic, eat or give me that food I want), buh bye, hi, iggy (for piggy or kitty), na no (for no no), mine, bubble by 11 months; and most recently she started saying "mum mum" for eat when she's hungry, and buh (for book).
- Is tiny. She's growing fine but she's in the 10th and 15th percentiles for height and weight.
- Can stand up on her own and takes 3 to 4 steps at a time.
- Loves to read books, especially "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" and "Mr. Brown Can Moo".
- Loves to snuggle her stuffed kitties or babies. She pats them so tenderly.
- Loves to tease her brother by trying to take his little stuffed piggies ( that's where she learned piggy). She knows it bothers him and that's why she does it.
- Claps her hands and dances to music.
- Eats like an Olympic athlete. I can't believe she's so tiny because she eats non stop during the day. Everyone seems to comment on how much food she eats because she always eats like we've never fed her before.
- Shakes her finger and her head when she says "na no".
- Climbs up the first step.
- She loves to be affectionate and give hugs and kisses.
- She pulls bows out of her hair and shoes or socks off her feet within minutes of us putting them on. Good thing she's so cute with out the bows :).
- Is the dream sleeper: she sleeps about 12 hours straight at night (took her 10 months to sleep through the night, but she didn't have to cry it out) and takes 2 good naps a day and she always goes right to sleep. I don't know how I got so lucky!
We love Amelie so much and we are so happy she is part of our family!
4 comments:
She is perfection! I can't believe she is already one!
Happy Birthday Amelie! She is so cute (even without the bows)! I can't believe what a good little talker she is...go figure one of her first words was pasta. :-)
Love this post. Cute little Amelie is growing so fast!
Happy 1st birthday, Amelie! Hurray for being such a great sleeper.
Post a Comment