Friday, March 16, 2012

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

I know I have a lot to catch up on.  But this little one is growing too fast and right now she is so delightful I just must capture her in a blog (since she won't stay 7 months old forever). 

Amelie has always been a delightful baby.  I know it's not really possible, but she was smiling at me when she was 3 days old.  And that's just how she is.  Always smiling and giggly, and full of joy.  I enjoy every baby stage, but I especially love watching babies between 6 months and a year.  It seems that their little personalities suddenly blossom and it is oh so endearing to watch them master little skills-which they seem to do daily!  It's also the point where they just start getting a mischievous edge.  It's not so troublesome now that she can't go very far or fast, so for now it's cute.

Some of Amelie's latest tricks are rolling in both directions, sitting up, eating real food, saying mama when she's hungry or tired, dada when she's happy, and crawling.  This last one is my favorite.  Babies seem to each have a unique way of early crawling.  Liam did this funny little army crawl where he dragged himself across the floor on his arms.  He was pretty fast and impressive.  Amelie does this adorable sideways sort of backwards crawl.  She stretches her arms out, pushes back, lifts her bum up in the air and then wiggles her knees and moves backwards.  She knows she can only go backwards too, so she looks where she wants to go, turns in a circle so she's facing the right way and scoots on over to get what she wants (which is mostly paper and small bits of food or toys that she can't have).  She's also getting pretty good at Downward Facing Dog.

 She just loves to laugh.  So much that when she hears someone laughing in another room she starts to giggle.  When I watch her wiggling around and playing on the floor, I can't help but giggle at her, which makes her giggle right back and it is just so endearing. 
 She is so thrilled by her new found mobility that she happily entertains herself as long as I am chatting with her.

 She looks so much like me it's almost like I'm watching myself grow up.
 Amelie has never been a chubby baby, but suddenly she is.  Maybe it's the 2 extra feedings in the middle of the night she's been doing lately, but I'm certain that one morning I'm going to get her and she's going to have grown a foot.
While solid food hasn't been her thing, we introduced banana in this mesh thing and she loves it.  Both she and Liam just didn't not like pureed food.  Apparently we are raising little foodies. 

Ok, I'll stop babbling on about this darling baby girl, but you can see that she is just delightful and I'm completely smitten with her.  Now if only she would stop growing so fast.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Amelie is sooo cute! And she does look so much like her beautiful mama! I can't believe she is already crawling - time flies!

Jared and Lauren said...

I can't believe how big your darling kids have gotten! I can't believe how big Amelie is. I can't wait to see pictures of your house.

Heather Jacques Wood said...

She's such a cutie, and I can't believe how big she is! I'll bet she's crawling all over now, and keeping you crazy busy. For your sake, I hope those two extra feedings at night have stopped--with two active cuties, you must crave sleep.