Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Picture Post

An update on our life...in pictures.  What have we-mostly I mean Liam- been up to these past few weeks?
Reading.  Liam not only loves when we read to him, but now he loves reading to us.  He turns the pages and sometimes surprises me with what he remembers about each story. 

 Going to the zoo...when the weather is nice.  There are 3 baby lion cubs and it is so much fun to watch them.  It's amazing how similar baby lions are to baby humans :)
 Gearing up for baseball season.  Liam is all set with his "Aank-ees" jacket and hat.
 Desperately needing a haircut (mama got lazy) but enjoying some wild hair in the meantime.
 Turning everything into a toy.  Sometimes I feel like I live in a junk yard, but those left over boxes, tubes and containers make great toys.  A box can become a basketball hoop or a mail box.  An old yogurt container is great for pretend cooking.  And the paper towel tube makes a decent baseball bat (yes, he has a baseball bat, but a boy can't have too many).
 Going to see the cherry blossoms.  Poor Liam was pretty sick that week and when he was finally feeling better it was a cold, windy day.  So, we didn't last very long but they are pretty.
 Finally, a hair cut!
 Learning to be reverent.  This is how Liam folds his arms for a prayer.  He lasts a good 5 seconds...
 For some reason I think he really looks like Spencer in this picture.  I can't believe how grown up he is.
 Lots....
 And lots of basketball.  He shoots hoops for several hours everyday (not consecutively) and is getting really good at dribbling and shooting.  But really he likes all sports.  He plays catch, hits with his bat, and runs with his football.  There are few things he loves more than balls.  In fact, he has to kiss each one of his balls and tuck them into mom and dad's bed at night.
 Developing his cute little personality.  He picks up words and phrases so fast I really have to watch what I say.  A few favorites "meemees" (excuse me, he uses it very appropriately too), "oh man" (he thinks it's hilarious that I say this whenever I drop something), "pear, wait" (once I said "let's eat a pear while we wait for your pizza to cool" and now he always asks for a pear while we wait), "I eee oouu" (I love you: is there anything better than hearing your child tell you this?)
He might be willful and stubborn at times, but it is a pleasure to watch him grow up and help him on his way.

6 comments:

Jeni and Dave said...

What a cutie!!! We are so impressed with his basketball form! Amazing! We sure miss you guys and think of you often. I hope Liam is feeling better. Hang in there! Kyler is starting to like basketball now too, and he loves to say "dunk it!" Can't wait for them to play again.

Lauren said...

He is so grown up! We need to figure out another time to get together soon!

Lauren said...

He is so grown up! We need to figure out another time to get together soon!

Strider & Jana said...

Love the update Julia! Liam is so handsome.

Heather said...

What a wonderful post! He is such a sweetheart. What a lucky boy to have such incredible parents!

Mom T said...

I agree that Liam looks so much like his dad in that one picture. I can show you one that I have that is a perfect match. He is getting to be so much fun and so handsome!