Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Busy Bee

I started writing a post last week, but it didn't get published and now it is sadly out of date. I should try to post more frequently before it seems like a daunting task to fill in on everything! So here's the deal...

The week Liam was born, Spencer's grandpa got married. We were glad Liam came early so Spencer could freely attend the wedding without fears of me going into labor. We had the added bonus that Spencer's sister Jeni and family were in town. Unfortunately, Liam and I didn't get to participate in all of the family fun, but we were glad they came to visit a few times. And we are SO excited to hear that Liam is going to have another cousin born in December.We've been enjoying lots of visits from aunts, uncles, great-aunts and uncles, grandmas, great-grandparents, and friends. Liam is a lucky boy to have so many people who love him. We wish more family was closer so Liam could meet them too. Here's Liam with great-grandparents
In the past 3 weeks it is amazing how much Liam has changed. He spends a lot more time awake and he is doing much better about sleeping at night (which we VERY much appreciate!). He is very strong and even rolled himself from his belly to his back, but just once when he was really mad. It is so much fun watching him learn and grow everyday. I love being a mom, even though some days are a challenge. I think every day gets a little bit easier as I figure out what I'm doing. Some things about parenting are much easier than I thought and some things are more diffficult than I thought. Like waking up in the middle of the night. I won't lie, I miss my sleep and I don't love the 3 am feedings, but when I put Liam on my shoulder after he eats to burp him and he snuggles into me, it makes it all worth it.





3 comments:

Heather said...

What a great post! I'm so glad to see the new pictures of Liam. He is so sweet!

Mom T said...

I just love to see your postings and photos of that precious boy. Keep them coming when you have time!

Brean said...

He is adorable and you look really good and happey too!