Sunday, February 8, 2009

Politicos & Pasta

***Update***
It appears the rumors were true! http://tinyurl.com/czl8xp

Going through some photos the other day, we found this little gem that escaped our posting about Paris and Rome...
Anyone who knows Spencer will understand why he wanted a picture of this :) All we know is that the man next to President Obama is some politician in Italy, but we don't know what precluded this sign.

In other randomness, some of you may recall the fantastic Italian food at our wedding reception in Connecticut. Excellent appetizers, fabulous chicken and fish dishes, the best penne alla vodka we've ever tasted, and sumptuous desserts. We definitely made time to eat at that reception :) The chef responsible for it all was great. We've been talking for months about returning to his restaurant to "pay him a visit." Well, rumor has it that that might be hard because the FBI learned he was involved with an organization that knows a lot about "paying people a visit." Supposedly he has been apprehended by the FBI for having mafia ties and was deported to Sicily. Just goes to show that people can't always be lumped into categories. Mafia member and talented chef. We are highly disapointed because he really did make the best penne alla vodka. We've tried to make some, and nothing can compare. This is kind of makes the experience that much better. I mean, my big fat sicilian wedding just couldn't be complete without someone from the mafia being there. But in all seriousness, it was some of the best food we've eaten and we're sorry we won't get to taste it again.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Great post!! Thanks for sharing!

Mom T said...

What a great story! You will be telling that one to your great grandchildren!!

Shannon said...

That is TOO funny! Wow, that made me chuckle...but the food was no laughing matter, it was AMAZING! :)

Sara said...

OK, so I know crime isn't funny. But...you guys had your wedding catered by the mob. I'm still kind of laughing. And that really was the best penne a la vodka I have ever had. I wonder if he could be pardoned because of that dish...:) Also - do you guys have any other good connections? I need a new TV. JUST KIDDING! Of course.
Miss you both!