Probably most of you really don't think twice, but we'll update you anyway.
Even though it is back to school time, Spencer and I continue with the daily grind of work: no change here come September! I love being done with school, but probably most especially because I love my job. I play with kids all day (and I have a trunk load of toys to prove it). I also work 29 hours a week so keeping up with cooking/laundry/housework is not quite as challenging. (Spencer helps a lot too!) Really, I feel blessed because I know life won't always be this sweet.
Spencer on the other hand is doing a little bit more. Between his day job, his political consulting on-the-side job, studying for GRE and applying to grad school, you can imagine there isn't much free time. You may be wondering at this point what this political consulting job is all about. He works for a great woman and Utah would be lucky to have her in the state senate. More to come on this soon.
Besides all the work, we do manage to find time for fun. So far this summer we've been to the Multi-Cultural Festival, Italian Festival, Timp Storytelling Festival, and the Greek festival. Sounds like we go wild, eh? But in all seriousness, there is really excellent food, interesting music and fantastic people watching. I mean, who really goes to these things, right :)
In all of this excitement, we can't even manage to take more than a few photos. With the exception of Spencer's tomato trauma.
This sad little squashed tomato is the remnant of our only tomato. Sadly, it plunged the harrowing 8 stories to it's death on a stormy evening. One minute it was going strong, and the next...SPLAT. Spencer felt he needed to collect the tomato for closure. The circle of life is complete, however, as we noticed a tiny new tomato today. We might taste the fruit of our labors after all.
So basically, that is our life in a nut shell. We will try to be better, but we make no promises. After all, this is the Deery 'not-so' Daily, or weekly, or monthy...
5 comments:
I didn't even know you guys had a blog. :) Sounds like you had a great summer. And your apartment looks great. Is that Pres. Hinckley's old building you have a view of?
Hugs, Evan and Sara (I am still trying so hard to switch back to my first name...)
Do you mind if I link you to my blog, btw?
It was great to read a new entry on your blog! I love to see pictures of you and hear about your busy lives. Nothing could make me happier than for your mom to see you so happy! Love you!
Holy Cow! I blink and one of my favorite teenagers is all grown up! Congrats on all the fun changes going on in your life. I am so happy to see you doing so well, but seriously, I never doubted it. I was actually telling Brianna about you last week, how funny.
Keep posting!
Ok, I think the blogging world needs to know what Spencer's shirt says....
"A Ninja swiped my...."??? I think I speak for many, we are dying to know!
Hi cute Julia! How fun to find your blog from Margos! I love seeing you as a newlywed. It's hard to believe that when I moved to CT and was your YW leader that I was pretty newly married too! It looks like you guys are doing great and have a wonderful life together! Hugs, Monique
Post a Comment