Besides celebrating "Christmas Part II", the real reason my parents came to visit was so that my dad could meet Emmett and we could bless him. As previously mentioned, Spencer and I had the stomach virus right before my parents arrived. It seems we are always sick when they come to visit and the horrible thing about the stomach virus is you never know when it is going to strike again or who will be next. Fortunately Liam was the only other person to get it and fortunately it was short lived for him. It hit Saturday afternoon and had us worried that Emmett's blessing would take place in our living room. I remembered how we had a luncheon with many family members after Liam's blessing and comparing it to a blessing with just a handful of people in our living room seemed really sad. I kept thinking how child #3 won't ever get the same treatment as child #1 or even #2 but I hope that he knows we love him just as much. In the end, Liam was well enough for us to attend sacrament meeting and bless Emmett, take a few pictures, and then go back home with Grandma and Grandpa.
Despite the craziness of trying to get ready and out the door last minute, Emmett's blessing was every bit as sweet and special as Liam's or Amelie's. No matter if it is baby #1, 3, 7 or 10, each baby is a child of God and He loves them as the precious individual he or she is and has an individual purpose for each as well. Emmett is absolutely the sweetest baby. He sleeps well, eats well and is generally content-although he does not like to be left alone. He is happy in the swing or bouncer if someone is nearby but much happier being held of course. Thank goodness for the various baby carriers we own to "wear" him while getting things done.
At 2 months Emmett weighed 12 lbs 2 oz and was 23.8 inches long-which put him in the 85 percentile! He has outgrown nearly all of his 0-3 month clothes already. He smiles, coos, and giggles at every family member and his siblings love him. He is a very routine based baby, much like Amelie, where he is much happier when he gets his naps when he wants them and in his bed. He does not sleep very well in our arms or in the car seat, although he does sleep well in the Moby wrap if we are out and about. He pretty consistently goes to sleep between 7:30 and 9 pm, does a 6 hour stretch followed by 2 more 3 hour stretches. This means I'm still getting up every 2 1/2 hours at night with him but he goes right back to sleep and I do really like having the evenings kid free.
Even if he is baby #3, I am totally smitten with this sweet little boy. I also not so secretly love the fact that he has brown eyes and brown hair. I kind of really love the diversity of our kids-at least in terms of hair and eye color.







1 comment:
Glad you had a wonderful blessing experience (even with the stomach bug). I'm sure Emmett knows you adore him. Like all parents, we do our best to keep things as equal as possible, but there's just no way to do as much for the second, third, etc. as you can do for the first. I hope I'll be able to make up the difference a little on the back end (when the oldest goes to college, then the next . . .). I love the pictures of baby Emmett. He's adorable. I'm glad he's been a good baby for you.
Post a Comment