Sunday, November 3, 2013

Introducing...

Emmett Spencer
born
November 1, 2013
7lbs 6 oz, 20" long

It is hard to believe how much we all love him already.  We came home today and it feels so good to be all together as a family of 5.  Amelie and Liam seem to be thrilled with their new baby brother.  Amelie keeps calling him "my baby".  I'm sure the tears (mine as well as the kids) will come, but right now we are in that blissfully happy state of joy that a precious new baby brings. 
Amelie holding her brother for the first time.  I love how proud she looks.  Liam, unfortunately, has bronchitis and so he hasn't held Emmett yet, although he has the same proud look Amelie has when he talks about Emmett.
 
I made the most of the hospital time to rest up, and I was so glad to know my mom was home with Liam and Amelie well cared for, but I really missed those kiddos.  Especially since Liam was sick and said how he "just wanted his mom".  Spencer even took Liam to urgent care on Saturday because his asthma was so bad.  Poor kid!


We are so happy to be all together and to have my mom here helping ease the transition. 

All 3 kids with their special blankies made by Grandma Utah.  You can see how much they are treasured by the wear and tear.  Emmett's is still so soft and pretty and new.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

I love seeing pictures so soon! Way to be on top of things, Julia! I love, love, love the picture of Amelie holding Emmett. It is precious.

ash said...

Congratulations! What a sweet babe and ver cute fam of five.

The Colledge Clan said...

Congratulations! Such a beautiful family. Miss you. We really need to work on planning trips to Utah around the same time.

Rachel said...

Congratulations! He's perfect!

Mary said...

He's gorgeous! Congratulations!!

Lauren said...

So happy for you Julia! Your kids are just adorable. I hope you have a quick recovery. I would love to hear your birth story if you ever have the time.

Heather Jacques Wood said...

Love the picture of all your cuties together. I hope Liam is feeling better.