While there are certain things I miss about Salt Lake City, and our time there will always hold a special place in my heart, I adore living in D.C. I personally feel like it is one of the best places to live with a baby. Sure, traffic is terrible (I mean it, unbelievably terrible), but there is so much to do just a metro ride away...
In the New York Times blog, the Frugal Traveller, they featured D.C. with a baby! It's an enjoyable read and perfectly echos my feelings about D.C. with a baby. There are tons of free museums, lots of great restaurants, and myriad outdoor monuments to view. I love more "adult" museums, like the art museums, now because they are quiet and Liam will sneak a nap in. I look forward to when Liam is older and takes an interest in the museums because there are lots of interesting things for kids and the museums will take on a whole different dimension for me. When the weather is nice, we like the zoo or the monuments. And we don't go out to eat often, but the few times we have, the restaurants did not disappoint (or break the bank). Thankfully, Liam is such a good baby when we go out (sometimes he is better when we go out than when I keep him at home!) so metro rides are a breeze. It definitely helps break up the long days when Spencer is in class all day!
So, who wants to come visit?
2 comments:
I love the picture of your cute family at the top of this post! And I'm so, so glad you're in D.C.!
My kids have always done better when we are out too. I think they like being stimulated and the change of scenery always seems to help when they are in a rut. I'm glad to know Liam fits in with his cousins! And, that's so nice for you so you can explore and have fun in a new place!
Post a Comment