1.Europe is always an adventure, for good or bad. Best adventure: Getting lost in the streets of Rome only to find we circled around the Pantheon and Piazza Navonna several times. Worst adventure: Missing our flight back to Salt Lake from Paris only to pay more money to take a worse flight. At least we got home, right?
3. It helps to speak the language, and the right language. Italians don’t speak Spanish. We tried, a lot. The French don’t speak Italian or Spanish. Sometimes, speaking those languages came in handy when we thought we might get better treatment from the Europeans if they didn't think we were Americans. A waitress in France even thought we were Italians because I kept saying things in Italian rather than French.
4. The touristy things are big for a reason. The Vatican is incredible and the Eiffel tower is especially beautiful when sparkling at night.
7 comments:
The picture of you guys in front of the Eiffel Tower is awesome! I love it! We're excited to see you guys this weekend and hear more about your trip.
I absolutely love it! I've been dying to see your photos and hear how your trip went. You obviously had a wonderful time! (Though I was sorry to hear about the flight back to Salt Lake. Rebecca and I nearly missed a flight from Paris back to Barcelona two summers ago. Not fun.)
I'm so glad you were able to make this trip, I know how much you both wanted to see Europe before you had a baby. What perfect planning!
WOW! Amazing pictures. I have to say I was moved to tears by a few of them. I hope you will blow them up and plaster them all over your house. I'm so happy you had such an amazing adventure before baby! Fun!
GREAT photos, you guys!
Your photos are fantastic. I have a great idea for a Christmas present for me....you asked for suggestions....I would love a copy of you two in front of the Eiffel tower!! I'm so glad you had such a great time and got home safely, even though it was a few hours later than you planned!
What a great post! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful experience together!
We've been meaning to tell you Congratulations!!! How exciting to be having a baby!! You are going to be great parents!!
Post a Comment