Thursday, August 22, 2013

Amelie's 2

A few weeks ago, Amelie turned 2!  We wanted to make Amelie's birthday a special day for her and I think we made it happen.
Amelie enjoying her new tricycle
It started with inviting one of Amelie's friends for lunch of macaroni and cheese (Amelie's favorite).  Then, during nap time, Liam helped me wrap Amelie's presents.  Daddy took a half day from work and he came home early so that we could go to the water park after nap. It was a little bit chilly that day and after about an hour Amelie's lips were blue and she was shivering so we decided to cut the outing short.  We enjoyed dinner and then milk shakes for dessert.  Then we came home and opened presents.

Amelie seemed to love all the attention we showered on her for her birthday.  She was lucky enough to have the party continue another couple of days since I waited until Sunday to make Amelie a cake.

Some things about Amelie at age 2:
  • She weighs 24 lbs and is 32" tall (although I really think they didn't measure her well).  That puts her in the 14th percentile for weight and 7th for height.  She is such a tiny little thing but she is growing and meeting her milestones so that's just how she is.
  • She is incredibly verbal and conversational.  She regularly talks in grammatically correct sentences and asks lots of questions.  
  • She loves to take care of her baby dolls.  She feeds them, sings to them, and puts them to bed.
  • She loves to read books.  Curious George books are her favorite as is "Peek-a-Boo" by the Alhbergs.  Any book she finds, she brings to me and says: "Can you read this book to me?"  I can't say no whenever my kids ask to read a book with me.
  • She is incredibly shy around anyone who isn't our family, but she's not really afraid.  She won't talk to or smile at strangers but she doesn't cry when I leave her either.  She adores nursery at church and has never ever cried going there.
  • She continues to be the bully sister to Liam.  She regularly likes to push his buttons and she is more likely to make him cry than he is to make her cry.  I think she needs a little brother ;).
  • She loves Liam.  She would do almost anything he asks her to do and she would rather play with him than anyone else.  They get along pretty well-as long as Amelie is doing what Liam wants, of course.
  • Amelie is sugar and spice.  She is incredibly sweet and affectionate or really feisty.  I think this will serve her well in life.
  • She is tough.  Not only did she not cry when she got her shot at 2, she didn't even flinch.  If she gets and "ouch" she stops crying as soon as I kiss it better.  Then she continues to show me for a few days and say: "Remember I got an ouch?" or "Remember I got a scrape."
  • Some Amelie quotes:
    • While on vacation I said to the other adults "I think we might need ice cream and pie for dessert tonight."~after a pause Amelie says "And cake too."
    • Amelie threw a whole bunch of food on the floor at dinner one night-something she has long outgrown.  She looks at me sweetly and says "I have consequence?" 
We love our sweet and feisty Amelie!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Love that last quote and picture! So precious!!