Thursday, September 8, 2011

Liam Says...

Liam's quest to master the English language at 27 months:

  • "No mommy hold baby.  Baby hold daddy...daddy hold mommy..."  (what he meant to say was, "Daddy hold baby", but we got the point).
  • "I like pea'butter too much".  (I'm not really sure what he means exactly, but he says "I like it too much" about a lot of things.)
  • "Yessir" and then "Yessir, master" (I'm pretty sure he picked this up from Baa Baa, Black Sheep, but he frequently responds to me with either of these).
  • "Baby, this blue blankie is Liam's.  Baby have purple blankie."  He is very protective of his blankie and even though Amelie can't see more than 15 inches in front of her face, he is making sure she knows which blankie is his.
  • "Hey daddy, how you doing?"
  • "I'm not cute, I'm Liam."
  • "No daddy work day".  Liam asks this hopefully every morning and repeats it gleefully on Saturdays and Sundays.
  • "Oh snap".  He picked that up from daddy.
Then there are the phrases he imitates that remind me how frequently I use them.  For example
  • Adding "do we?" onto the end of sentences. 
  • Starting a request with "I need".
  • "Good grief".  He says if I sigh loudly in annoyance while driving.  I'm glad I don't say anything worse :)

    4 comments:

    Heather said...

    What a great post! He is a cutie for sure. Good for you for taking the time to write these things down!

    Sara said...

    That's funny. I like the yessir part - try to make sure he keeps doing that when he's 5 as well. :)
    Your mom showed us pictures of the kids, by the way. Liam is such a sweet big boy! And I can't wait to meet that delicious little baby girl!

    Mom T said...

    I love this! The SLP in me and the Grandma in me too! I'm so glad you write them down because he will be talking like a grown-up way too soon.

    Meg said...

    Oh I loved reading these. How funny!