I am so far behind that there is probably no way I will ever catch up, but at least I can try. So here are the more exciting things we've been doing the past couple of months:
As mentioned previously, Liam and I took an impromptu visit to my parents while our house was recovering. My parents have an incredible talent for finding novelty and Liam is in a constant state of delight because he knows fun and excitement abound at Grandma and Grandpa Jensen's house. Exhibit A, cracking nuts. This is a family tradition that is passed on from my mom's family and Liam thought it was a blast that Grandpa let him use the nutcracker himself. Liam loves to do anything the "grown up way".
This silly grin is always on Liam's face when he sees his grandparents (ALL of them). It makes me so happy that even at his young age, he recognizes and loves his grandparents. He loves to give kisses to the pictures and remembers things about their house (like the dog at Grandma T's house and the clocks at Grandma and Grandpa J's house).
I recently celebrated a birthday and had 4 celebrations (lucky me). First, my mom made her famous meatballs and sauce for me (which I enjoyed for about 3 days straight). Then, my parents took me to dinner for my birthday. Then Spencer took me to Benni Hana's and finally my friends took me for dessert at Cheesecake Factory. Am I spoiled or what?
You can see that Liam loves grandma's tomato sauce too. Even if he doesn't look like it, Italian blood definitely flows through these veins.
Liam enjoys reading books again! He has his favorites and he knows when they are read incorrectly and demands that you read it "right". Sometimes we find him "reading" the books himself and acting out his favorite parts.
His new favorite obsession is basketball. He loves shooting hoops in a little basketball hoop, he loves the big ones, and he loves watching it. Very little interest in watching anything on t.v., but he begs to watch basketball on YouTube all the time.
Liam loves cooking. He loves to smell the spices and says "mmm" or "yucky" and he's thrilled if I ever let him help pour a spice into what I'm cooking.
As you maybe caught in the previous post, we are expecting baby #2 in early August. We are thrilled to add another member to our family!
1 comment:
Congratulations on expecting your second child! We're so happy for you. I love that Liam is so enthralled with cooking and reading--great job, Julia!
Post a Comment