Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Sunshine

The other day I took Liam for a walk to the park (I'm still kicking myself that I didn't bring my camera with). On our walk we pass a small creek that I often see kids throwing sticks and rocks in, and I exclaimed to Liam "I can't wait until you are older and we can throw rocks in the stream". To which I immediately clamped my hand over my mouth and said "I mean, I can wait, but I'm excited." I don't want Liam to grow any faster than he is. These almost 10 months have gone by way too fast and I don't wish a single day to pass any faster. I look at my big boy (because his face somehow looks older to me) and remember the sweet little bundle who used to cuddle up and fall asleep on my chest-and that was the only way he would sleep- but I can almost imagine playing ball with a toddler. I'm excited to watch Liam continue to grow. I feel so privileged to be his mom-even on the days when I think I just can't do anything right. Here are some favorite moments that we managed to catch this month.

I absolutely love it when Liam claps his hands. I'm not sure why I think it is so precious, but it's my favorite thing that he does. He claps whenever he does anything he think should be praised and whenever I sing. Probably the only one who ever will :)
Liam loves the most random food, like hummus and ricotta cheese. He has to feed himself or he won't eat much. I wonder where he got that independent streak?
I love how the little things bring so much joy, like shredding old magazines. Liam loves trouble, so if I can manufacture safe "trouble", it's much happier.
Liam has this look he gives whenever he is doing something that he knows he shouldn't. Like when he is crawling into the "wire room", he stops and gives me the look. Or when I say "Liam" in that motherly tone where you know you are in trouble, he stops and looks. It's almost an invitation, like "I'm about to get in trouble, try and stop me" kind of look. Probably won't be so cute in a year or two but I love it now. That would be the look he has with his finger up his nose (how in the world does a 9 month old already know that's not something he should do but wants to do anyway?). I love this little boy.

4 comments:

Heather said...

He is such a sweet little boy! I wish we lived closer so we could spend more time with you guys!

Mom T said...

He is so precious and you are a wonderful mother. I'm so blessed that my grandson has such a loving mother. thanks Spencer for waiting until you found Julia!

Matt said...

Those pictures are darling. I can't believe you get to celebrate his first birthday soon. I have been meaning to write and tell you that I have thought about you a lot lately. I went to the park last week and there was a baby that looked just like these pictures of Liam, it took me forever to figure out why a baby looked familiar to me. Then last Sunday at Stake Conference the baby in front of us looked like Liam to. Small world. This is Raquel, I am just to lazy to sign Matt out ;)

Heather Jacques Wood said...

I can't believe that Liam is already 10 months old! He sounds like a very good eater. The clapping is adorable. I wish we could see him do it in person.